Sabtu, 25 Agustus 2012

I'm (no longer) a Yes Woman #Part1



I still remember one thing about my speech in my high school graduation. I was representing my friends in the third grade to thank and sorry -two words that usual to say in the farewell ceremony- to all members of school. At the end of my speech, i said, “As Justin Bieber conveys in his song... Never say never. I mean that we must not to say never for a good thing we have to do. Never say never for a good chance that come to us. And never say never to dream high and reach great things in our life.”

I didn’t really understand what i said that day. Until a few days ago, i found it in my contemplation. I realized that i’ve did it. I did what Justin Bieber said to never say never. You know, i had been a ‘Yes Woman’.

It started when i went to college for my first time. Then i knew that being a student of an university is a different way to be a better person, because of the bigger responsibility i must take.

In high school, all i know is.. how to reach the best result on the final exam, how to became a winner in the championship, debate competition, speech contest, olympiad, and bla..bla..bla such things. Though i didn’t get some brilliant achievements, but i used to compulsory learn those things. All i had to do is.. make my parents proud of my achievements in high school and the boarding school. That’s it.
           I went to college, then joined a forum for new students, held by student union in the university. Then i followed the activities for two days, i listened the speakers who talked about this country and its problems, and finally i carried away by oration of student president at the time. That moment made me care so much about my nation. And it’s just the beginning of my story. 

1 komentar: